Monday, March 24, 2008

Warm Up Winchester

As I have mentioned before, I am becoming a bit more involved with some local charities. I think it's important to be involved in doing something for other people. I mean, doing things for those you love is certainly important, but doing your part to help out in the community at large, people you may or may not know, is different. I think it helps keep you connected to the larger group and helps pull you out of yourself. It makes you more aware of what's really going on around you.

I spend a little time most days on Ravelry. Today while on one of the local groups, I discovered Warm Up Winchester. They have a Yahoo group and the Ravelry group can be found here. I enjoy making hats and I'm wanting to learn mittens and gloves. It's nice to know that I can crank out as many as I want and there will be somewhere good for them to go. Well, I'm off to listen to Fibber McGee and Molly while I finish up the chemo cap and start on a gift for the babysitter and some projects for Warm Up Winchester.

No comments: