Sunday, March 30, 2008

Busy, busy

I know I said I wanted to blog every day (or very nearly), but somehow that just isn't panning out right now. Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things, but for right now, I refuse to stress out over it. As I'm typing, Annabelle is dancing around in her crib. I don't mean gentle swaying, I mean the child has turned her bed into a moon bounce, moving in circles the way her big brothers do at every street carnival we attend. I would be more concerned if she were taller, but she's still small enough to stay contained and slow enough to avoid any serious whacks to the head.

Just as I was trying to figure out why she won't settle down and take her overdue nap, I heard a rousing chorus of "A,B,C,D,E,F,B..." wafting up the stairs... along with the gleeful pronouncement that, "there's two B's in there," followed by hysterical giggling. Looks like Annabelle's not the only one overdue for a nap. The crooner will be four on Tuesday and is vehemently opposed to the very idea of napping... until he passes out right in the middle of playing.

Said nearly-four-year old has been wanting a pirate party for a couple months now complete with pirate ship cake. It's all he's talked about for the last couple weeks... until he had to get new shoes. The ones that were in his size and happened to be on sale were Spiderman. I'm sure you can guess what happened next. The last week and a half has been filled with excitement over all things Spiderman; videos, shoes, toys, puzzles, party favors... Looks like now we are going to have a Spiderman pirate party. He wants Spidey party favors and a Spidey pinata with a pirate ship cake. It's a cake I made for his brother's third and ninth birthdays, and now Edison wants one of his own. Hopefully his will turn out better than Iain's last one. It arrived at his party looking like it had been under attack. Oh well. I don't have to worry about it until Saturday.

For Tuesday, he has a couple April Fools' Day birthday surprises in store for his preschool friends and Iain's Cub Scout pack. For preschool he is taking in a Grilled Cheese Cake. He's excited about it and I'm hoping it will go over well with the Under-Four demographic. For Scouts he wants to take in little shamburgers. My boys love peppermint patties and are halfway hoping the others won't like them much so the leftovers can come home. I've got to have some way to take pictures by then, so I'm either going to get a couple disposable cameras and have the pics put on disc, or I'm going to have to pony up to send the pics via phone. I like my phone, but the camera is just not that great and it's a quarter a shot for so-so pictures. Oh well, I'm still searching for my digital camera, so perhaps it will surface in the next couple days. Looks like I have a little more shopping to do and then I can finish my chemo-cap (very,nearly done) and start on a couple other gifts.

No comments: