Monday, March 3, 2008

Location, location, location...

You know they really are right (whoever they are) location truly is the key. I have discovered location is much more important than I thought. Take, for example, the location of my digital camera. Doesn't seem like a huge thing, but I couldn't tell you where the heck the blooming thing is right now. I figured I would give myself a simple task before heading off to my next location; I would see if there was enough juice left in the camera batteries to download the most recent set of pictures. The battery capability was questionable because I previously was unsure of the location of the charger. I took approximately a gazillion shots of our Pinewood Derby on Saturday and the little warning light came on (the one in the camera, not the one in my brain. I've come to believe the cranial one has suffered a severe malfunction.)

I rose to the challenge of discovering the location of the USB cable and the location of the ever-wandering charger only to find that the present location of the camera itself eludes me. I have become an adult version of Nancy Drew or the favorite young sleuth of my childhood, Trixie Belden or perhaps more appropriately I have turned into a younger version of Dame Agatha's tricoteuse, Miss Marple. I have questioned all the usual suspects and of course, no-one claims any knowledge of the camera's whereabouts. For a split second, I thought I had found it in the diaper bag, then I recalled the bag had been nowhere near me at all the last time I took pictures. (Turns out that my Canon Elph feels remarkably similar to an Altoids mints tin when located in the bottom of a diaper bag pocket.)

Oh well, the game is afoot and the search will continue. As soon as I find it, I will post pictures of the chemo cap in progress. Until then it's back to p1, k2, p1, k2 ...

No comments: